Metroidvania Madness with Newly Funded Greedy Guns
This week marked the successful Kickstarter funding of a new Metroidvania game called Greedy Guns. The game has been developed by a small, Lisbon-based indie studio named Tio Atum, and follows the journey of two mercenaries who work for a greedy corporation called HOLOCORP.
In Greedy Guns, it is your mission to explore alien worlds and collect artifacts and DNA to aid HOLOCORP in its dastardly research. In return, you get guns. Lots of guns. The principal characters are Kate, who has prosthetic arms, and her companion Bob. Both have been mercenaries for a long time, and they love their job!
The game features:
- Two-player local co-op mode so you can play with a friend,
- 360º aim so it doesn't matter where you stand or where the aliens are coming from, you can still easily get them,
- A fully connected world so there are no level screens. You just explore the map, finding secret locations and unlocking out areas
- Retro feeling Metroidvania-inspired gameplay!
- Rocking soundtrack by composer and performer Miguel Cintra.
Anyone interested in the game can download the demo and give it a go now. The game has already received the Greenlight on Steam and is estimated to release by December 2016.
Check out the gameplay video below and tell us what you think!