Mighty No. 9 Gets New Stretch Goals!
The announcement of Mighty No. 9, just three days ago, has had many Mega Man fans excited to see what is to come from Keiji Inafune and his team. The original goals have been met and you can read about them here.
More importantly, Inafune has released his official thank you to everyone who has supported the new game thus far. In the short video he states how appreciative he is of the fans support and how he hopes that we continue to back the project so his team can continue to make improvements.
Since Mighty No. 9 reached its initial goal of $900,000 within the first 48 hours of its announcement, new goals have been set to encourage fans to keep going for the remaining 28 days the project has on Kickstarter. There are seven additional stretch goals that are now up on their project page:
- At $1.2 million we get two more stages! The backers have already met this goal.
- $1.35 million will get us Mac and Linux versions of the game. We have met this goal as of today, September 3!
- If the project gets to $1.5 million then we get two new game modes. New Game Plus and Turbo modes, which allow you to play after you finish the initial game and play faster respectively.
- At $1.75 million the team has left the goal description with nothing but questions marks, so we’ll call it a mystery prize!
- Once we reached $2 million we will get a making-of documentary!
- $2.2 million is another mystery prize!
- Finally the last stretch goal is set for $2.5 million and we will get PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U versions of the game.
Mighty No. 9 is a game that deserves all the hype it’s getting and these new goals will just add fuel to the flame. Comment below on what you are most excited to see in this new game!