Bravely Default: Job Unlock Guide Part 1
There are 24 Jobs in Bravely Default if you include the Freelancer. Many of them require side quests to unlock. Each Job has a variety of ways that you can play them.
By combining support skills and picking a sub job, you can come up with your own play style for almost any Job in the game.
I will guide you through unlocking each Job so that you can decide how you want to play.
This guide will cover everything about Jobs including:
- Job Unlocks: What chapter each Job is in, and how to unlock them
- Job Description: Basic info on each Job.
- High HP and Physical Attack. Uses Knuckles or bare hands as weapons.
- Location - You unlock Monk in the Prologue of the game. You unlock it after the Barras and Holly fight, shortly after Agnes joins your party. Check my Prologue Guide for more details.
- Great healing and support magic.
- Location - You unlock White Mage in the Prologue of the game. You unlock it after the Barras and Holly fight, shortly after Agnes joins your party. Check my Prologue Guide for more details.
- Attack Magic and good for attacking groups.
- Location - You unlock Black Mage in the Prologue of the game. You unlock it after the Ominas fight. Check Part Two of my Prologue Guide for more details.
- Great Tank and decent damage. Can Dual Wield Shields eventually.
- Location - You unlock Knight in the Prologue of the game. You unlock it after the Heinkel fight. Check Part Two of my Prologue Guide for more details.
- Expert at stealing and very fast.
- Location - You unlock the Thief in Chapter 1. A quest in Ancheim will lead to Harena Ruins where you must defeat The Jackal.
- Good for getting extra money or spending it for abilities.
- Location - You unlock Merchant in Chapter 1 by defeating the Profiteur. Continue the side quest after defeating the Thief. Go back to Ancheim, then to the far east house to fight the Profiteur.
- Uses Sword Magic to exploit elemental weaknesses.
- Location - You unlock Spell Fencer in Chapter 1 by defeating Khint. After releasing the wind crystal, go to Ancheim at night.
- Go to the marked location to enter the Grand Mill Works. You fight Khint and Khamer at the end.
- Uses Time Magic to speed up allies or slow down enemies. Has a few decent attacks as well.
- Location - You unlock Spell Fencer in Chapter 1 by defeating Khamer.
- Targets enemy weakness. High accuracy and great with Bows.
- Location - You unlock Ranger in Chapter 2 by defeating Artemia. A quest for Dye from Florem City leads to Twisted Treetop. It is north of Florem City.
- Uses summons to deal damage to groups of enemies. Has high MP.
- Location - You unlock Summoner in Chapter 2 of the game. You must defeat Mephilia in Florem Gardens. You get a quest in Florem City to search for special earrings. It is the quest marker to the west of Florem city on the World Map. Check my Summoner Guide for the locations of each summon.
- Uses Spear to launch hard-hitting Jump attacks.
- Location - You unlock Valkyrie by defeating Einheria at Witherwood in Chapter 2. You get a side-quest from Florem City after the festival is over.
- Uses Black and White Magic. Gains BP in several ways.
- Location - You unlock Red Mage in Chapter 2 by defeating DeRosa. After the festival, talk to the man in red to start the quest. Go back to the north part of town multiple nights until you fight him.
Games Bravely Default
Tags bravely default guide bravely default jobs square enix
Beamdog President pleads with players to leave positive reviews for Baldur's Gate expansion amid "social justice" controversy7 Comments