Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Guide: How to Easily Complete the Excellent Aim Objective
One of the objectives in Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is achieving an Excellent rating 6 times in a row using the Shotlock command. This can be difficult, especially if you happen to mess up on any of them. Luckily, there is a much easier way to get this done that involves saving.
If you don't know, you can hold the R1 button to start the Shotlock. This will continually lock onto an enemy, or multiple enemies, until it either maxes or the bar runs out. Then, you must press X to initiate it.
- If you locked on the max number of times, then you will get extra shots afterwards.
- 2 circles will appear, with one shrinking to match the other.
- You have to press X when both circles match perfectly to get an Excellent.
The problem is that you can only do this 3 times per shotlock. You also will only get this chance if you have a full gauge. Normally, you would have to build the gauge back up then try again and hope you get 3 more in a row. But luckily, there is an easy way around this.
Go to a Save Point
Save points will not only let you save the game, but refill your HP, MP, and Focus bar.
- All you need to do is get 3 excellent shotlocks, then head to a save point.
- This will refill your bar so you can immediately do it again.
- You will also want to save your game. Now if you don't get all Excellents, you can just reload your game and try until you do.
It is probably easiest to do this in Castle Town, but any save point will work. I actually did it initially in the Forest of Thorns. Completing this objective grants you the Diamond (White) Pattern.
That's all for my guide on easily completing the Shotlock objective in Kingdom Hearts 0.2. Let me know if you have any questions!