Bravely Default: Spiritmaster Job Guide
The doctor is in! Spiritmasters in Bravely Default give you the best healing. They are unique though because they need White Mage as their cross job if you want to heal. In a way, they are a huge boost to your White Mage.
This guide will cover everything about Spiritmaster including:
- Unlocking Spiritmaster: How to unlock the job.
- Equipment Guide: What they use, and the optimal equips.
- Ability List: What level they get them.
- Cross Job Tips: Which jobs fit well with Spiritmaster.
- Special Moves: Which are best suited for Spiritmaster.
- Combat Tips: Being most effective in battle.
You unlock Spiritmaster by defeating Victor and Victoria in Chapter 4. Follow the main quest to Eternia Central Command. Watch the scenes on the 1st Floor, then go to the eastern room to fight them.
Spiritmasters have an S aptitude for Staves. Nothing else matters.
- Mind is the most helpful.
- By using White Mage as your cross class and the abilities you get as Spiritmaster, you won't need a lot. Give it the highest Defense and Magical Defense you can.
- Staff. As a Spiritmaster you will be healing and Staves have healing Special Moves.
Spiritmasters have the Save White Magic MP Specialty.
- Save WM MP - Lowers the cost of White Magic spells by 25%.
- Spirit Ward - Nullifies all elemental damage done to one ally for four turns.
- Auto-Shell - Support ability that automatically casts Shell on yourself for 10 turns at the start of battle.
- Magic Defense 20% Up - Support ability that raises Magic Defense by 20%.
- Fairy's Aid - Boosts the target's elemental attacks to deal 1.5 times the normal damage for five turns. Costs an extra BP to use.
- Convert BP - Uses 25% of max MP to raise your BP by two.
- Save WM MP - Support ability that lets you use the Spiritmaster Specialty on other Jobs.
- Adaptation - Causes the selected ally to absorb all elemental damage for four turns.
- Stillness - Nullifies all damage to done to allies and enemies for two turns. Costs two extra BP to use.
- Holy One - Support ability that lowers Physical Attack by 25%, but boosts the effectiveness of recovery magic by 2.5 times.
- Greater Spirit Ward - Halves all elemental damage done to all allies for four turns. Costs two extra BP to use.
- Fairy Ward - Makes all allies immune to Poison, Blind, Silence, Sleep, Paralyze, Dread, Berserk, Confuse, Charm, Doom, Death, and Stop for five turns. Costs two extra BP to use.
- Moderation - Reduces BP by one to all allies and enemies with one BP or more. Raises BP by one for everyone with -1 BP or less. Costs two extra BP to use.
- Enigma - Nullifies all elemental damage done to all allies for four turns. Costs three extra BP to use.
- Maximize HP- Support ability that doubles maximum HP, but only during battle.
Cross Job Tips
- White Mage all day. Spiritmasters enhance White Magic and make it cost less. After you max a White Mage, pick Spiritmaster and don't look back.
- Level 1 - Heal 10 times.
- Rejuvenation: Heals all allies and raises healing for all allies.
- Level 2 - Heal 20 times.
- Lux: Buff allies. Raises Speed of all allies.
- Level 3 - Heal 30 times.
- Divine Light: Attack one (slay undead). Raises Magic Attack for all allies.
Spiritmasters have some great abilities, but they have a high BP cost. Luckily, they have Convert BP to raise their own BP.
- If that is not enough, or you don't like the high MP cost, try saving up with Default, brave once, then use your skill plus Moderation to recover one BP.
- Make sure you have negative BP or you won't gain, and try not to use when allies have positive BP or they lose one.
- Having a Performer in the party can greatly help because they can add one BP to any ally.
With this guide, you are now a master of healing. For tips on anything else, check out my Master Guide List for Bravely Default.