Overwatch Season 2 Changes Revealed
Today, Blizzard entertainment posted a new video regard Overwatch's changes for next season. In the nearly 15 minute video, game director Jeff Kaplan discusses some of the updates coming to Season 2 of Competitive Play due in September.
The title was originally released in May and was met with positive response by critics and fans alike. In that time, Blizzard's latest title has earned numerous players, praise for its character diversity, and other accolades.
All the new updates will be available on the Overwatch Public Test Region. The most important topic Kaplan discussed was the player's engagement with the game. Player rankings will be dependent upon their constant activity. If players aren't very active their ranking will be affected.
Some changes for the next update include:
- Skill rank changes from 1-100 to 1-5000 to better differentiate player skill.
- (Re)introducing Skill Rating Tiers. I.E your Golds, Plats, etc. At Diamond or lower, you won't drop below your current tier.
- Competitive point gains and gold gun costs multiplied by 10. Also applies to your current point bank.
- Skill rating difference between players when teaming up is significantly reduced, now 500 within the 1-5000 scale, equivalent to 10 in the 1-100 scale.
- Top 500 now requires 50 matches minimum
The full list and details of the changes will be provided at a later date. Overwatch fans can expect Season 2's update soon.