Write for GameSkinny
What do you want to be?
- A famous game blogger?
- A respected video game industry journalist?
- The go-to source for game reviews?
We're Here to Help You Get There
GameSkinny is a collaborative publishing platform where members hone their writing skills, work with editors, and put their articles in front of an audience, getting real online publishing experience and access to the stats that matter.
There are 3 ways to get started on GameSkinny:
1. Be a Guest Writer
"It's fun to dip into writing about a subject I love, but without the commitment to running a personal blog." - Kazz
Anyone can be a GameSkinny guest writer. Some write once every few months, others post a new article every day. It's totally up to you, it's just about sharing what you know and love with other gamers!
- No pressure, no deadlines: write what you want, when you want.
- Talk with editors: Whether you're a new writer or a pro looking for somewhere to blow off steam, the GS editors are here to help.
- Earn perks: When you reach level 20, you'll gain access to the Lounge, and become eligible for review codes, press passes and other perks.
2. Join the Writer's Workshop
The Writer's Workshop is a fun group that's totally flexible - take part in each weekly challenge, or just tackle one from time to time. We encourage workshop participants to also take part as guest writers and let their creative impulses guide their work outside of weekly challenges.
- Get writing challenges from the GS Editors every other week.
- Be invited to a bi-weekly workshop chat with the GS Editors to share tips, ask questions, and get advice.
3. Apply for the Journalist Training Program
"GameSkinny's internship has changed everything for me. This is what I want. Without the encouragement of my team, the helping words of Amy and Katy and the wonderful people taking time to read and comment on my articles, I might not be going down this path." - Reilly
This program is for applicants who want to gain real experience in online publishing. Work in an online newsroom environment in 2 month increments. Participants who complete the program are eligible for:
- A professional referral from the Editor in charge of the Journalist Training Program for use on resumes and job applications.
- The Journalist Training Program qualifies as a college internship for credit. Please indicate your intent to complete the program for credit during your application so we can help you work with your college advisor.
- The option to apply for a leadership role in the Journalist Training Program in order to earn managerial experience.
- Consideration for current openings at GameSkinny when applicable.