GTA Online Free Beach Bum Update Coming Next Week
It's summer in the middle of November, as Rockstar Games adds a new batch of content in the next update to GTA Online. Players will have two new weapons, vehicles, customizations, and jobs added to the GTA "sandbox" (sorry... couldn't resist that one).
The new jobs include:
- " Grass Route II " (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- "Survival on Del Perro Pier " (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- " View of Vespucci " (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you've got skills, it's possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- " Paleto Beach " (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake 'em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- " Sundae Driving " (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
The vehicles being added are of the surf and turf variety with a dune buggy, off-road truck, beach camper-van, and the return of the Speeder speedboat from previous GTA games. The two new weapons are an SNS Pistol and a Broken Bottle melee weapon, both of which can be obtained for free at Ammu-Nation locations. As indicated by the update title, new customizations will be of the surfer variety with shaggy hair, board shorts, and tribal tattoos.
Rockstar says this will be the first of many new content updates in the weeks and months ahead. They end the press release with saying:
Please stay tuned here at the Newswire for word on the forthcoming Content Creator, full on cooperative Heists, and GTA Online's take on Capture the Flag - plus info on some exciting new Story Mode updates as well. We'll have new info to share on all of this very soon.