Dragon Age: Inquisition Info Leaked
Dragon Age: Inquisition is an upcoming action RPG from BioWare and Electronic Arts. It is the sequel to Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, making it the third game in the franchise. With all the eager anticipation surrounding its release, here's some exciting news.
Dragon Age: Inquisition will have 40 possible endings to unlock and 5 major regions to explore!
Thanks to a BioWare forum fan who got an early copy of Official Xbox Magazine in Singapore, shared the exciting news regarding details of the game. I can't wait to get a hold of the issue to see for myself.
"I just bought the Official Xbox Magazine featuring their preview for Dragon Age Inquisition. It came out today in a Singapore bookshop," said the very excited BioWare fan, Jaldaris93.
Here's some of the details shared:
- There will be 5 regions: Fereldan, The Free Marches, Orlais, Nevarra and the Dales.
- 2 of the areas you can expect to visit are a war-torn region in Orlais and an elven burial ground known as the Emerald Graves.
- The Emerald Graves is where the Dalish Elves planted one tree for every soldier killed in the Exalted Marches.
- Enemy levels won't scale to your characters, you can affect environmental changes to drastically influence local settlements, establish trade routes, capture territory and disrupt the local ecosystem.
- Wild flora and fauna, useful for crafting can be hunted to scarcity, allowing other species to proliferate.
- Defeating intelligent enemies like bandits or dragons will have a significant effect on a given region.
The Iron Bull
Dragon Age: Inquisition Companions:
- Solas is an apostate and an expert on the Fade.
- The Iron Bull is confirmed as a companion, who is described as a "one-eyed mercenary and outcast from the Qunari faith."
- Sera is confirmed as a companion, and is described as an elven archer.
There will be no DLC Companions according to Creative Director Mike Laidlaw, "Because of how deeply enmeshed in the system companion characters are, we can't just add them on the fly; part of them has to be shipped on the disc...which was led to criticism that we're forcing people to pay for content they already own. It's not the case, but we've decided this time to not go that route. There will be no DLC party members."
There will be three separate wheels that are for use in response to any given piece in the dialogue system called The Dialogue Wheel:
- The Tone Wheel - which is mostly for role-playing choices
- The Choice Wheel - for taking an action or stating an opinion
- The Reaction Wheel - for emotional moments
Finally, BioWare states in the issue that there will be 40 possible endings for the game, dependent not only on choices made in character generation but also by actions taken throughout the storyline. The endings will all be meaningfully different from one another and that you will not find 40 endings with only "slight degrees of variation" between them.
Dragon Age: Inquisition is set to launch sometime this fall on PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, and PS3.