Pre-Order Xenoblade Chronicles X, get a free pizza voucher
Are you sick of seeing timed exclusivity and emotes being the pinnacle of pre-order bonuses these days? I know I am, and I'd like to see some company or retail outlet get creative in what they reward customers with for committing to a purchase. Enter Best Buy.
According to a recent PR News release on their website, Best Buy is offering players a $10 pizza voucher as a reward for pre-ordering the upcoming JRPG epic, Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Unfortunately, as is to be expected, there are a few limitations.
- First of all, you must pre-order the game by December 3rd, which isn't unreasonable considering that the game officially launches the next day on December 4th.
- You must complete your Pre-order purchase by December 10th, which is also nice as it gives you about a week to decide whether or not you want to keep the game.
- The Collector's Edition is excluded from this promotion.
- You are given a code for the voucher that must be entered on XCXPizzaCash.com by January 14, 2016. After doing so, you are given a virtual pre-paid Mastercard that can be used wherever MasterCard is accepted, but only for purchasing pizza.
- The voucher must be redeemed by January 31, 2016.
Quick Take: This is an interesting idea, but as you start to read the fine print, it gradually feels more and more restrictive. This isn't necessarily a shock, it's simply the way most free pre-paid card terms work. In the grand scheme of things, I think this is a much more attractive offer than an emote I'll never use or advance access to DLC I'll get to play in a week. Besides, nothing beats a belly full of pizza.