Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked Membership Now $30
With gamers always looking for the best deal before buying a new game, retail giant Best Buy is doing a little something its gaming clients.
Beginning March 8, the My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked membership price will drop from $99.99 to $30, Best Buy announced today.
For your $30, you get a two-year membership to Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked, which includes:
- 20 percent off new physical video game software
- 10 percent bonus trade-in credit on video game software
- 10 percent off pre-owned video game software
- 2x My Best Buy points for every dollar spent on new video game software, digital gaming and game accessories
- 2 My Best Buy points for every dollar of video game software traded in
- Special one-time-use welcome coupons
- 20 percent off Nintendo amiibos
- Exclusive offers
With 20% off new games, your membership pays for itself upon purchasing just three new games.
For comparison, GameStop's PowerUp Rewards is $14.99 for a year also gives you 10% off all used games and a 10% bonus for trade-ins along with a one-year subscription to Game Informer magazine, but doesn't include a 20% discount on new games like Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked.
Reason for the price drop, you ask? Best Buy Southwest US media relations lead, Shane Kitzman, says:
Why the great deal? Gamers are among Best Buy’s most dedicated customers and while Gamers Club Unlocked was already popular and well-regarded in the gaming community, we wanted it to be even more accessible.
With all the games coming out this year, this might not be a terrible bonus for those planning on buying more than three new games in the next two years.