Batman: Arkham Knight Nov 24 patch notes
Warner Bros. released a list of patch notes on Steam recently for the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. The patch notes list the fixes of a variety of problems the game has been experiencing. For example, the bug that was causing full-screen movies to play half the refresh rate on a particular system, or not being able to counter the Mini-Gun Brute when spotted as Batman or Nightwing.
Arkham Knight November 24 PC Patch Notes:
- Fixed a hitch during some game saves
- Fixed a Windows 10 issue causing the game to be unresponsive on launch when the keyboard language was set to Japanese, Japanese Microsoft IME, Korean, Chinese (Traditional) or Chinese (Simplified)
- Fixed minor delay when aiming a gadget when playing with a keyboard and mouse
- Fixed a bug causing full-screen movies to play at half the monitor's refresh rate on some systems
- Fixed players sometimes not being able to counter the Mini-Gun Brute after being spotted when playing as Nightwing or Batman
- Fixed a performance drop that occurred when encountering Man-Bat for the first time
- Fixed some Multi-Monitor specific bugs
- Some improvements to mouse and keyboard bindings
- Improved VRAM management to reduce framerate hitches
- Stability improvements for rare crash issues
- Fixed an issue causing certain types of lights & shadows to render incorrectly
- Fixed an issue causing the game process to occasionally remain running in the background for a period of time
- Fixed the Knightfall Protocol not being able to activate under certain conditions
- Fixed a progression blocker that could occur in Stagg Airships when leaving the predator room after only knocking out one of the guards
- Fixed damage states for Batman’s V8.03 skin in Story Mode after selecting an alternate skin for AR Challenges
- Fixed missing rain effects on several Batman skins (fix for the 1970s and Arkham Origins skins coming soon)
- Added support for new DLC releasing on November 24th
- Play as other characters in AR predator challenges
The PC version of the game, which originally came out along with the PS4 and Xbox One version back in June 2015, was removed from sale by Warner Bros. The reason being is that the game had so many technical problems that it was deemed unplayable. It was released once again just back in October 2015 with a deal of the entire Batman Arkham series for free to make up for the problems.
However, despite the relaunch and variety of fixes, the game is still experiencing a multitude of issues.
The developer said on their Steam Page, "We are very sorry that many of our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues."
In response to this, Warner Bros. started a refund program. Anyone who wants their money back can return the game regardless of how many hours they played until the end of 2015. Even people who bought the DLC pass can get a refund for the pass as long as they give up the DLC along with the full game.
What do you think? How much trouble have you had with Batman: Arkham Knights PC? Does the recent patch help? Let us know in the comments below.