BlizzCon 2013: Heroes of the Storm Gameplay
I pulled together a brief overview of the coolest mechanics and features for the upcoming MOBA, Heroes of the Storm.
Background of Heroes of the Storm
- Inspired by the modding community.
- Was originally used in 2010 as a demonstration for StarCraft II map editor.
- Meant to be as quick, easy, and fun with friends as possible.
- HearthStone was also a proof of concept.
Big Mechanic Changes
- Multiple maps with different layouts and creeps
- Huge emphasis on objectives
- Mounts for quick lane to lane travel
- No items!
- Teams level together (shared experience)
- Multiple ultimate abilities
- Short matches
- Towers with limited ammunition
Blizzard Multiverse Heroes
- Every hero from any of the games will be in the game (yes that includes classics, BlackThorne etc.)
- Multiple versions of heroes, for example, Prince Arthas and The Lich King Arthas.
- Some heroes don't fall into the lore, such as Elite Tauren Chieften and the Murlock + Diablo offspring.
- Lots of skins!
Then there is the hilarious video by Car Bot Animations to showcase the humor of the game.
Games Heroes of the Storm Genres eSportsMOBA Platforms DesktopPCMacLinux Tags blizzardblizzcon 2013 blizzconheroeshotsstarcraftwacraft
Published Nov. 12th 2013