Defiance DLC - Finally A Release Date
The grueling wait is finally over--you can now dust off your copies of Defiance and get ready for the Castithan Charge Pack. It has been a long wait for me since I bought it in March; it felt like years, but Trion has finally announced a release date for Defiance's first DLC the Castithan Charge Pack.
The official release date is now set as August 20th, only 7 short days away. The DLC will be available for you automatically if you bought the season pass, if not it will be available to purchase separately for $9.99. If you are broke like me and can't afford to get the DLC, Trion will be releasing a bunch of content that will be free to everyone, no purchase required.
I am super excited about this DLC, the Defiance community has been dwindling for a while now. In this new DLC, we will be getting a brand new story arc of missions to keep us occupied as well as a treasure trove of other goodies. Here is a list of most of what you will be getting when the Castithan Charge Pack finally drops.
You get this when you buy the DLC for $10:
- Access to play the Castithan Species
- Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
- Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
- Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
- A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
- A unique Castithan version of an outfit
- A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
- Access to New Pursuits
- New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements
You get this in the DLC for free:
- Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
- Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
- Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
- Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
- Join a friend into the Battle Arenas Game Mode
- Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
- Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
- Select a new voice for you character
- Multitude of game improvements from UI to content
You can buy these individually from the store:
- New Mods that tint the color of your Castithan Blade
- Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons
- More versions of the Raptor, the new 4 player truck of doomed compensation
- Character Customization changes: Appearance change, name change, or everything change
Remember to log in to Defiance August 20th and join us in the fight against the Volge. Keep an eye out for me I'll be the guy with pale skin and white hair; see ya there.
Genres ActionMassively MultiplayerRPGShooter
Tags castithan charge pack defiancedlcenter the castithanpcplaystation 3release dateseason passxbox 360
Beamdog President pleads with players to leave positive reviews for Baldur's Gate expansion amid "social justice" controversy7 Comments