Steam Greenlights 50 More Games
News went out today regarding which games have been "green-lit" by the Steam Greenlight process. This process allows independent (indie) developers some proper visibility. The names of the games and their respective studios are:
- 1heart – chicken
- 4PM – Burleigh
- Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action! – CRS_Kicks
- AR-K – GatoSalvajestudio
- Between Me And The Night – Rain Dance
- Block Story – mindblocks
- Burning Cars – Lord Danil
- CATLATERAL DAMAGE – Chris Chung
- Chronology – Osao Games
- Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle – The Indie Forge
- Dawn of the Ronin – x35mm
- Deadbreed – www.deadbreed.com
- DETHRONED! – Treehouse Ltd.
- Dungeonforge – The Collective Dream Studios
- Dynamic Auto Painter x64 – Oscar
- Edge Of Eternity – Midgar Studio
- Frozen State – 430satori
- GTGD S1 – GTGD
- Heldric – The legend of the shoemaker – AstralByte
- Helicopter Simulator – Search and Rescue: Natural Disasters – PlayWay S.A.
- Hero Siege – Panic Art Studios
- Hunting Anubis – Hunting Anubis
- I Want To Be Human (Alpha) – SinclairStrange
- Infectonator: Survivors – Toge Productions
- Influent – ObSIDiaN
- Insula – rassl007
- Inverto – defaxer
- liteCam: 100 FPS Game Capture – litecam
- Long Night – lionel.geissler
- Love – Trunks
- MindTex – Ryguy
- MorphVOX – Screaming Bee
- NEW ORBIT – studioblackish
- Painters Guild – Painters Guild
- Path to the Sky – dek
- Prominence – DigitalMediaWorkshop
- Quest of Dungeons – DJ_Link
- Rain World – Rain World
- Reaper: Tale of a Pale Swordsman – Hexage
- RymdResa – Morgondag
- Skara – The Blade Remains – cromlech_
- SpaceEngine – SpaceEngineer
- Storm United MMO FPS – PixelBeam
- The Gallery: Six Elements – Cloudheadgames
- Time Rifters – Proton Studio
- Voice of Pripyat 3D – slava_pankratov
- Wake Up Call – DarkSynergyStudios
- WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 – sekaiproject
- Zoom Player – bLight
Here are some games that might tickle your fancy
Within the mix are some solid games, but none I'm excited about more than RymdResa. This game has caught my undivided attention, and I check every day for more details. Others that seem like they're gathering buzz around other publications are Skara, Rain World, and CATLATERAL DAMAGE.
RymdResa is a space exploration game centered around the solitude of space. There's no combat, only text driven story, poetry, and scattered audio logs. The pixellated art style is superb accompanied by a trance-like soundtrack.
Skara is a third person MOBA. It aspires to become an eSport game by leveling the playing field. The developers believe taking away character leveling should highlight the players true skill.
Rain World looks like a platforming game featuring a hungry cat. This is no cutesy little kitty game. Though the "slug cat" is pretty adorable, this is a gritty looking world to try to survive in for any feline.
CATLATERAL DAMAGE is pretty simple to explain. You are a cat whose goal is to knock as much stuff off as you can. There are objectives, but the general idea is to make a mess under a certain time limit. I must admit, watching the videos for this game result in some pretty hardy laughs.
All of these varied experiences are still in development. The "greenlight" approval is to simply light a fire under the developers arse. I really hope all the developers who got approved do well and continue to create unique content. With rumors that Steam Greenlight might go away, these could be some of the last games we'll see from the program.