Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia Trophy Guide
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia is the third and final installment in the series of AC spinoff games. If you're anything like me, then you aren't ever one hundred percent done with a game until you have gathered every trophy that the game has to offer. This guide will provide a roadmap towards unlocking every one of the trophies of this game. Perhaps later, I will also go back and write up other trophy guides for Assassin's Creed: China and India as well.
First things first, the basics. There are a total of 17 trophies, and while the trophy list doesn't seem bad at first glance, this game is actually the hardest of the three so the trophies may take a bit of time. Since the game is a spinoff and not actually a full Assassin's Creed game, there is no platinum trophy to worry about.
The Easy Ones
The first five trophies are easy, since they're story related, and should come naturally. They are:
- One Last time - Complete Memory Sequence 1
- The Girl Lives - Complete Memory Sequence 3
- On Her Own - Complete Memory Sequence 6
- The Choice - Complete Memory Sequence 8
- Different Paths - Complete Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia
Like I said, all straight forward and simple enough. Just complete the listed sequences and you'll pop the trophy at the end of said sequence.
The Grind-y Ones
The following trophies require some type of grind to acquire.
- Like a Shadow - Achieve a Shadow Gold rating 30 times
- Like an Assassin - Achieve an Assassin Gold rating 30 times.
- Like a Silencer - Achieve a Silencer Gold rating 30 times.
In Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia, the game utilizes a ranking system. As you complete checkpoints during the sequences, you are given a rank of Assassin, Shadow, or Silencer followed by a bronze, silver, or gold ranking.
During each sequence (except 7 and 10) there are around 10 checkpoints that you can earn these medals. This gives you about 80 to 90 chances to get gold medals.
To obtain a Gold Assassin ranking, you have to have at least one kill, but a total of zero 'times seen,' 'alerts,' and 'takedowns.'
To obtain the Gold Silencer ranking, you have to only use non-lethal takedowns as well as refrain from killing or being seen at all.
To obtain the Gold Shadow ranking, you can't be seen, have any kills, or takedowns. Basically, 'times seen,' 'alerts,' 'kills,' or 'takedowns' has to be at zero at the next checkpoint.
Considering you need 30 of each medal, it is more than likely you will have to run through the campaign a second time to gather any remaining medals you're missing. Another option would be to replay Sequence 9 over and over, as it offers quite a few sections that can be done without killing or takedowns.
- Between the Eyes - Headshot 100 times
- Shocking - Electrocute 25 enemies
- Gone in a Flash - Use Helix Blade on 25 enemies
For Between the Eyes, the best option would be to reload Sequence 7 over and over again, since it offers the best and most abundant sniping opportunities.
For Shocking, this should most likely come naturally as you unlock the other trophies. You are first introduced to electrocution at the start of Sequence 8, and there are two ways you can do it. The first is to use one of your devices on a socket, which will then send a shock to the second socket. The other method would be using the same device on puddles of water while enemies are standing in them.
Lastly, for Gone in a Flash, the Helix Blade will be unlocked in Sequence 6 for Anastasia, though Orlov won't have it unlocked until you begin a second playthrough. What you have to do is sneak up on an enemy from behind and kill him with Square and then immediately press Triangle. You'll know you're successful when the enemy disappears in a cloud of smoke.
The Really Specific Ones
The following trophies require you to complete certain tasks or certain sequences in a specific way.
- Mercy Shooter - Don't kill any enemies in the Orlov Sniping sections in Memory Sequence 7
- My Brothers - Complete Memory Sequences 8 and 9 without killing anyone
- Resourceful - Electrocute 3 enemies at the same time
- Combo Master - Complete any Memory Sequence other than Memory Sequence 1 without losing your Score Combo once
Starting with Mercy Shooter, this trophy might seem little odd. the whole point of Sequence 7 is to kill enemies to proceed. The catch here is that if you hit the enemy below the waistline, it doesn't count as a kill. As long as you stick to shooting the legs or feet of enemies you should get this one no problem.
My Brothers can be a tad difficult, but should still be fairly simple to accomplish. As long as you stick to non-lethal takedowns (square from behind an enemy) then you'll be ok. Electrocution is also a legitimate strategy as well since it counts as a non-lethal takedown as well. If you're having trouble, I recommend these two videos as guides, courtesy of PurrPleeHaze:
Resourceful is a fairly simple trophy to unlock. In fact, when the game introduces the electrocution gameplay, it will provide a tutorial where three guards are standing in a puddle. Simply electrocute the water and obtain this simple trophy.
Combo Master is another simple trophy, as you need to get gold medals throughout one whole sequence (except for Sequences 7 and 10). As long as you end each checkpoint with a gold medal, you'll unlock this at the end of the sequence.
- Ghost Train - Complete Memory Sequence 4 without alerting the enemies
- A True Assassin - Complete Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia in Plus Hard mode without alerting any enemy.
The last two trophies basically go hand-in-hand as you cannot get A True Assassin without getting Ghost Train. Ghost Train requires you to complete Sequence 4 without alerting any enemies, while A True Assassin makes you beat the whole game without alerting any enemies (on Plus Hard mode though).
Here are some tips for completing the game without alerting any enemies on Plus Hard mode:
- This may seem redundant, but try not to be seen at all. Most of the time you have a window of opportunity to escape a guard's cone of vision, but some guards instantly alert as soon as they see you.
- During the game, there are sections where commanders will call guards on a telephone. If they don't answer, they will raise the alarm. Watch out, and try to leave guards alone in these areas.
- Hide bodies. Always. Guards who find dead bodies are instantly alerted.
- Sequences 2, 3, and 7 have unavoidable alerts. Watch out for these, and don't worry if they happen, just keep going.
If you're having trouble with a particular sequence (Including 4 for Ghost Train) take a jaunt over to PurrPleeHaze's profile since he has some awesome videos on how to get through each sequence.
Well, those are the last two trophies. Hopefully, this guide provided some sort of help in getting you 100% of the trophies. Good luck, and happy trophy hunting!