Steam's Holiday Sale 2013 Kicks off With Spectacular Deals
by Caden Moniz
Just today, Steam debuted their annual holiday sale, and is offering over a whopping 2,000 games to choose from. This great sale will last from December 19, 2013-January 3, 2014. Each day, they will put another game onto the list, usually ranging from 20-80% off. Here are the current titles that are on sale for the Daily Deals:
- Monaco ($2.99, -80%)
- Batman: Arkham Orgins ($24.99, -50%)
- The Stanley Parable ($8.99, -40%)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Pre-Purchase] ($19.99, -33%)
- Dishonored ($7.49, -75%)
- BioShock Infinite ($9.99, -75%)
- Assetto Corsa ($29.99, -25%)
- Dead Island ($4.99, -75%)
- Space Hulk ($10.19, -66%)
- Just Cause 2 ($7.49, -50%
- Bioshock Triple Pack ($14.99, -81%)
- Counter Strike: Source ($4.99, -75%)
Along with these great titles, Steam is offering 'Flash Sales', which are sales for great games that last for a limited amount of time. Valve has also added two other special things into the mix of the Holiday Sale as well. There are new trading cards called 'Snowglobe Cards', that allow you to craft them into special badges and earn special items for F2P games such as DotA 2 and Team Fortress 2. There are five ways to earn these unique cards. The five methods are listed below.
- Craft a game badge.
- Make a purchase.
- Vote for the Community's Choice Flash Sale (This will be explained in the next paragraph).
- Trade for them (Duh!).
- Buy them from the Community Market.
The second surprise that Valve added is voting for the Community's Choice Flash Sale. Basically, each day Valve adds 3 new games to vote for, and after you vote three times (at different time periods) you get a Snowglobe Card!
How do you feel about the new sales? Are you going to pick up any of the games listed above? Drop a comment down below!
So, with that being said, hang onto your wallets because this sale might just clean them out entirely. Check Steam every day for new great sales and deals to appear on the dashboard. Happy Holidays GameSkinny!