Dauntless Guide: Finding a Ramsgate Instance
Dauntless has just left the beta testing stage and is now available on PC and consoles. Unfortunately, since the very first day many players have been experiencing problems with matchmaking.
Many players report that they can't connect to servers being stuck at "Finding a Ramsgate Instance" or "Matchmaking in progress..." screens.
This issue makes the gameplay rather unbearable. But there are a few things one can do before the server issues get fixed by the development team behind Dauntless.
Method 1: Check the Servers
This is not a direct fix of the problem, but it can at least save your time when trying to find a match in Dauntless.
Here is how you can check the availability of the servers:
- Go to Dauntless Servers Status webpage
- Check the Matchmaking status
- If the status is Operational, then proceed to play the game
- If the status is Degraded Performance, then wait and check back later
At this point you can't do much but wait before the game's servers will be upgraded and eventually be able to host all the players trying to find a match in Dauntless.
Method 2: Improve Your Internet Connection
In case the matchmaking server status is Operational, and you're still getting the "Finding a Ramsgate Instance" screen, then follow these steps:
- Disable any background downloads
- Switch from Wi-Fi to wired internet connection
- Configure your DNS Settings:
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Network and Internet
- Open Network and Sharing Center
- Select Change Adapter Settings
- Right click on your network adapter and select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Check Use the following DNS server addresses box
- Use the following addresses in each box: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
For more Dauntless guides, check out the list below: