What to expect from the Doom closed Alpha
If you are lucky enough to be chosen to be a part of the Doom closed Alpha, consider yourself lucky. The only way to get in is if you pre-ordered or bought Wolfenstein: The New Order on or before May 26, 2014, and still have the beta key that came with the game. You also need to apply on the game’s website and, if selected, you will receive an email from Bethesda.
If you are one of the few chosen ones, you will be taking part in a multiplayer Alpha designed to test the game’s servers. The Alpha will include one map, one game type, one demon players can transform into, six weapons, one power weapon, and two items.
The map is called Heatwave and it has an industrial theme to it. The map features an open area, small chambers and narrow hallways making it the perfect map for players of all playstyles.
- The game mode will be the basic 6 versus 6 Team Deathmatch, nothing too special.
- The demon is the Revenant, which has a jetpack and dual rocket launchers.
- The power weapon is called the Gauss Cannon which can take out players in one shot, but it has limited ammo.
- The six weapons are The Vortex Rifle, The Super Shotgun, The Repeater, The Rocket Launcher, The Static Cannon and The Plasma Rifle.
- Lastly, the two equipment items are a Teleporter and Frag Grenades.
The start date for the Alpha has yet to be announced. Doom will be released on Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4.