Destiny 2 CAT Error Code Fix
The CAT error pops up in Destiny 2 fairly often for some players since the game does get regular updates. The CAT error means your current game version is not up to date with the server version.
Our guide will provide you with a CAT error code fix in Destiny 2. The procedure of updating your game to the latest version is quite simple, and below you will find instructions on how to do it on both PC and consoles.
How to Fix the CAT Error in Destiny 2
Update Destiny 2 on PC
If you're playing the Microsoft Store version of Destiny 2 and are getting the CAT error, you can update it by following these steps:
- Open Microsoft Store app.
- Click on the three dots next your profile icon.
- Select "Downloads and Updates" option.
- Click on the "Get Updates" feature.
In case you're using the Steam version of Destiny 2, then follow these steps:
- Open Steam app.
- If your automatic updates are enabled, then the game should start the update itself.
- Otherwise, click the "Update" button manually.
Update Destiny 2 on PS4 and PS5
If you wish to manually update Destiny 2 on your PlayStation console, then here's what you need to do:
- Go to the "Games" tab.
- Highlight Destiny 2.
- Select "Options" feature.
- Select "Check for Updates".
If the program finds new updates, they will be installed immediately. You can also set up automatic updates on your console by following these steps:
- Go to the "Settings" menu.
- Select "System" tab.
- Go to "System Software" tab.
- Turn on "Download Update Files Automatically" in the "System Software Update and Settings" field.
Update Destiny 2 on Xbox One and Series X|S
You can manually update Destiny 2 on your Xbox console by doing the following:
- Go to "My Games and Apps" menu.
- Select "Manage" tab.
- Go to "Updates" tab.
- Highlight Destiny 2 and press "Update".
If you don't want to manually update your game, then turn on automatic updates instead:
- Go to "Settings" menu.
- Select "Systems" tab.
- Go to "Updates" tab.
- Turn on "Keep my console, games & apps up to date" option.
Now you can launch Destiny 2 again and the error should be gone. Hopefully these tips helped you fix the CAT error code in Destiny 2. For more Destiny 2 tips and tricks articles, please visit our dedicated guides hub.