ArcheAge Skill Set Guide - Witchcraft
With the way the ArcheAge class system works, players will need to know what each skill set brings to the table. In my first series of ArcheAge guides I'll cover each skill set and what they offer.
In this guide I'll cover what Witchcraft brings to the class system. Witchcraft is a utility skill set with multiple CC abilities and defensive passives. This skill set will synergize best with ranged or tank builds. I use Witchcraft on my Archery/Shadowplay/Witchcraft build otherwise known as the Trickster class. There are many ways you can utilize Witchcraft abilities to lock down enemies, so experiment to find the way that best suits you.
Here I'll list all the skills of Witchcraft and what they do. I'll split the lists up between active skills and passive skills to make the list easier to read.
These are your attacks, heals, or defensive abilities depending on the skill set.
- Earthen Grip: Calls forth a hand from the ground to hold an enemy, inflicting Snare for 12 seconds. Deals Magic Damage on expiration. Snare ends if the enemy receives damage. Snare duration reduced by 50% in PvP.
- Enervate: Deals Magic Damage and burns mana over 5 seconds. Decreases received healing by 50% and Increases duration of Stun and Trip by 30%.
- Bubble Trap: Traps an enemy inside a bubble for 10.8 seconds and slowly lifts it into the air. Bubble duration reduced by 50% in PvP. Enemies in bubbles can't attack, but will be freed upon taking damage.
- Insidious Whisper: Inflicts Fear on an enemy and causes it to flee from the caster for 3.1 seconds. Effect ends when target takes damage.
- Purge: Allies: Removes 1 negative effect and increases Magic Defense by 25% for 3 minutes. Enemies: Removes 1 buff.
- Play Dead: Allows caster to play dead to escape danger. Caster can revive at any time. Restores 1% health and mana every second for the duration. Effect ends with movement.
- Courageous Action: Awakens caster or an ally and grants immunity to Sleep and Fear for 1 minute.
- Lassitude: Saps a target's mettle, causing them to become fatigued and fall asleep for 15 seconds after 3 seconds. Enemies will wake upon taking damage. Sleep duration reduced by 50% in PvP.
- Banshee Wail: causes Fear in all nearby enemies for 2.8 seconds, forcing them to flee and Stunning them for 2 seconds. The effects end when an affected enemy takes damage.
- Focal Concussion: Deals Magic Damage and Stuns an enemy for 1.5 seconds. Deals additional damage and removes all positive buffs when the Stun ends.
- Dahuta's Breath: Sends forth a wave that deals Magic Damage and pushes enemies back.
- Fiend's Knell: Summons a fiend for up to 30 seconds that relentlessly attacks enemies with special skills.
Passive skills require a certain amount of skill points used within the set to allow point allocation into them. Passive skills buff the skill set once you unlock them, allowing for easier combat. In addition to the skill's effect, I'll list how many spent points are needed before you can allocate points to the passive skill.
- Folding Time: Decreases Cast time for all skills by 4%. (Requires 2 points spent in Witchcraft.)
- Illusion's Favor: Increases health regen by 7 every 1 second. (Requires 4 points spent in Witchcraft.)
- Magic Detection: Increases Magic Defense by 500. (Requires 6 points spent in Witchcraft.)
- Mitigation: Decreases all damage by 30% for 3 seconds after a Melee Critical hit. (Requires 7 points spent in Witchcraft.)
- Baleful Recharge: Converts 2% of the damage inflicted on an enemy to Mana. (Requires 8 points spent in Witchcraft.)
- Augment Witchcraft: Increases the duration of Earthen Grip, Bubble Trap, Insidious Whisper, Lassitude, and Banshee Wail by 20%. Removes Earthen Grip's cooldown. Decreases cast time for Insidious Whisper by .5 seconds. Fiend's Knell summons a more powerful fiend. (Requires 9 points spent in Witchcraft.)
- Enshroud: decreases Witchcraft skill cooldown by 20%. (Requires 10 points spent in Witchcraft.)
I hope this gives a clear view of what the Witchcraft skill set offers your build. For more guides on ArcheAge check my content directory.