Destiny Alpha Shows Its Numbers, And They Look Promising
For Playstation 4 owners, June 12 through June 15 was a very exciting time to play online. During those days players had exclusive access to an alpha of Bungie's newest jewel Destiny. Even thought the alpha was only live for a few days, the stats that it pulled made Bungie dance in their cubicles.
Putting alpha code out for the public is always risky. The build of the game being used is ancient by the developer's standards, riddled with bugs and glitches that would never get allowed to ship with the final product. However in Bungie's case, putting this alpha out there has paid off big time. They have been able to gather a mountain of data and feedback from the community and Destiny will be better for it.
This is the Post Game Carnage Report that was racked up in the First Look Alpha by just a small group of players in a scant few days:
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dogs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- 6,461,871 Players Games Played
Bungie has learned quite a lot from this alpha and is reacting to the issues and feedback that came from it. You will be able to see the results of their hard work as early as next month when they release the Public Beta. Players will be able to access the beta on July 17 on Playstation 4 and Playstation 3. Xbox One and Xbox 360 players will be able to play shortly after. To gain access to the beta all you need to do is preorder the game either directly from Bungie or from a particpating retailer like Gamestop.