Vortav Steelfur - The Charr Protector
Strike Fear in their Hearts
Have you always looked at your charr and wondered how you can make him look even scarier? That generic T3 cultural lacking a bit of spunk? Hate looking the same as all the others? Well look no further, this heavy armour set for charr-only will hopefully satisfy your needs and spawn more badass looking charr around Tyria!
I always wanted charr to look beefy and tanky and all the other adjectives you'd use to describe the Charr. I found that in Guild Wars 2 the charr became an organized military-esque race and their armour began to feel a lot more "lean" to me, so I took it upon myself to make my charr look like a giant colossal beast. I had a general idea near the beginning of Guild Wars 2's release of what I wanted to look like, as I pieced together armour from other users that I saw and slowly the idea came into fruition.
Our checklist will be pretty basic but a tad bit expensive. You're going to need...
- A dark grey/black dye
- A gold/yellow dye for the accents
- A white/cream dye for the head spikes
- 500 gems (Primeval set but we'll only need the helmet!)
- 26g, 20s (Cultural pieces take a bit of coin!)
- 3000 achievement points (Hellfire Vambraces are the new coolest thing!)
- 42,000 Karma (The only heavy boots that really covered up the knees)
- Magmaton/The Collosus (The Magmaton is a 5g look-a-like, worth the buy!)
And for the full set list, names and all!
- Primeval Helmet
- Warband Spaulders (T1 cultural)
- Warband Hauberk (T1 cultural)
- Hellfire Vambraces
- Dreadnaught Tassets (T3 cultural)
- Heavy Whispering Boots (or any karma boots with the same look)
With the full set, we used the Abyss dye for the primary colour for a lot of them and Redemption for the secondary colour. A lot of the accenting was done with either Celestial dye or any shade of grey. Here's a link to the dye setup if you're unsure.
If you want any more pictures feel free to ask, I'd be more than glad to serve!