Teams Invited to the OGN Dota 2 Invitational Tournament
Almost a year ago, Steam established a partnership with South Korean publishing giant Nexon. Nexon did some big things laying out a one year plan for a Dota 2 Sponsorship league. And then this--the OGN Dota 2 Invitational Tournament to be held in South Korea.
This is big news for eSports in general. One of Korea's biggest organizers showed great interest to invest in a very competitive and crowd-driven game; I expect a lot of things to snowball from here on out.
Here are the invited teams so far:
DK (Team interview here)
- DK is the Miami Heat of Dota 2. They got the Big 3 of South-East Asia/Chinese Scene.
- Mushi, the captain of the 3rd placing team (Orange eSports of Malaysia) in The International 2013
- iceiceice (Team Zenith of Singapore) aka the 1v1 Champ in TI3; his team did not do well in the tournament
- Burning, the legendary carry player of China.
- These guys are solid, with Korok, bdiz and 1437 as their core.
- Experiences in the NA, EU and Chinese scene will be a big factor in this newly rebuilt team.
- They were having a slump as a team during the past month
- Regained stable teamplay within the past few weeks
- Momentum is on their side
- VP is unpredictable, there are times that they lose to tier 2/3 teams even at full roster
- They pick unorthodox heroes
- Aggressive playstyle
- Combined talent and experience will be key in playing against these new teams
- Their game is controlled by their highly experienced support players (NS who has been the first champion of The International and Goblak a well-renowned support in the CIS region)
- With their recent "reshuffle," Liquid has been looking strong lately
- qoqjva will play a significant role as a mid-lane hero with his aggressive playstyle
- waytosexy provides this team a lot of versatility when it comes to support/utility roles
- This will be their first LAN event as a team
- Formerly known as "Kaipi"
- A ragtag team of pubstomp/competitive players with raw talent and skill to boot
- Star players "Singsing" and "EternalEnvy" will carry the team on their shoulders
Teams to be invited in my wishlist:
Here's a sample of Korean Dota 2 casting for the lulz: