Everspace 2 Gets New Drones, UI On Run Up To Closed Alpha
Development on single player space shooter Everspace 2 is moving ahead at light speed and is set for a closed backer Alpha release in late April. Today the crew released a new update to Kickstarter backers revealing extra UI elements and space hazards.
The roguelike space title now has two additional drone enemies to tangle with -- the deadly Outlaw Sniper Drone (seen below) and explosive Detonator Drone. If you aren't quick, either can take out your pilot with ease!
This latest update notably includes some major UI tweaks and the addition of several new menu screens:
- Station Home - see at a glance which interactions and services are offered for docked ships
- Storage - split off from the inventory screen for better item management
- Ship Dealer - offers detailed view mode of any nifty new ship you plan to buy
- Job Board - check out what jobs are available for pilots and their difficulty levels
- Ship - modify and view a ship's properties and upgrades
You can read the full update and check out all the new screens over here. Want to know more? Be sure to check out our rundown of the Everspace 2 presentation at Pax West for a look at 40 minutes of play.
Stay tuned to GameSkinny for more Everspace 2 development news in the coming months!