Critical Role's Second Campaign Has Arrived!
It has finally arrived! Last night on Geek and Sundry’s twitch, we were immersed back into the world of Matthew Mercer, Exandria. Met with overwhelmingly positive feedback, the cast brought about the same antics and love that the community enjoyed.
For anyone new, Critical Role is a program of Geek and Sundry, where voice actors play Dungeons and Dragons: 5th Edition every week. The first campaign that was brought to Geek and Sundry ran for almost six years, until it reached its climax this past October. With one-night sessions filling the gap, the reveal of the next campaign happened around the holidays, with the start of the new campaign last night at 7:00 p.m. PST.
This new campaign takes place 20 years after the last campaign, mainly on the continent of Wildemount.
With the return of most of the cast, excluding Orion Acaba, the reveal of everyone’s characters on last night’s stream was highly received. With much of the cast well known by the gaming community, the characters created were both interesting and spot-on to their players.
- Ashley Johnson returns as her Aasimar Barbarian, Yasha.
- Laura Bailey brings Jester, the tiefling cleric, into the fold.
- Liam O’Brien creates Caleb Widogast, the human wizard.
- Sam Regal keeps to his short stature with a goblin rogue known as Nott the Brave.
- Marisha Ray tries a new strategy with a human monk, Beauregard.
- Taliesin Jaffe continues with his edgy ways, playing a tiefling blood hunter, Mollymauk.
- Travis Willingham decides to do a 180 with his new character, Fjord the half-orc warlock.
Critical Role’s current schedule is every Thursday, starting at 7:00 P.M. PST. Go over and support the resurgence of the Dungeons and Dragons community, and stay tuned to GameSkinny for more Critical Role and Dungeons and Dragons coverage!