An Update About Infinite Crisis!
Infinite Crisis is an upcoming Free-To-Play multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game developed by Turbine. The game is set to have 12 playable characters at its release sometime this year and more characters in the future. It is loosely based on the comic book series Infinite Crisis by DC Comics from back in 2005 and 2006.
Turbine was purchased by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. This game will be the first original game since Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment purchased Turbine. It will also be the first non MMORPG from the company.
There are six roles:
- Enforcer: Often the first into a battle, an Enforcer intercepts as much damage for their team as possible.
- Bruiser: A Bruiser gets into the thick of fights, trying to destroy their target with close ranged attacks and powers.
- Marksman: Making frequent use of a strong basic attack, the Marksman devastates an enemy team with unrelenting damage.
- Blaster: A Blaster uses strong Powers, often unleashing bursts of punishment on enemies.
- Assassin: Jumping into a situation at the right time, Assassins deliver their high damage upfront and get out before their enemies know what happened.
- Support: Supports aid teammates by mitigating enemy damage and boosting ally combat prowess.
Being who I am, I will definitely be a Blaster, Bruiser, or Enforcer I love rushing in and dealing as much damage as possible right at the beginning.
As well as 8 "Stolen Powers";
- Super Strength: Pick up cars and other battlefield debris to use as thrown weapons.
- Surveillance Camera: Place a stealth camera that grants vision of the area around it for 120 seconds.
- X-ray Vision: Boost your sight distance, see through walls, and reveal hidden enemies for 10 seconds.
- Super Speed: Boost your movement speed and pass through enemy drones for 5 seconds.
- Trap: Place a trap that lasts for 90 seconds; when triggered, it roots an enemy for 2 seconds and grants your team vision on them for 6 seconds.
- Detonate: Instantly detonate an object, drones, and other creatures; deals damage to the area around detonated target, with increased damage on drones and creatures.
- Consume: Instantly consume an object to heal your Champion. Can also be used to damage a drone or creature.
- Bend Spacetime: Teleport to an allied structure, drone, or surveillance device of your choice.
- Meteor Drop: Summon a meteor that deals area-effect damage after a short delay.
Being the player I am, I hope you can upgrade these! If you can have it where for super speed, you could eventually get it up to 20 seconds, it would make life so much easier. Imagine running past everyone, getting behind and dealing some BIG damage.
The current list of characters are: Cyborg, Doomsday, Flash, Gaslight Batman, Gaslight Catwoman, Gaslight Joker, Green Lantern, Joker, Nightmare Batman, Poison Ivy, Shazam, Wonder Woman, and Zatanna.
There is a speculated list as well. Namely: Arcane Green Lantern, Atomic Green Lantern, Atomic Wonder Woman, Batman, Captain Cold, Hawkgirl, and Mecha Wonder Woman. Mind you, these are speculated due to art from the game.
I most likely will be playing as the Nightmare Batman! He looks amazing.
The realms of the game:
Home to legends like Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman, this universe is where hundreds of heroes and villains originate. Universe Prime, also known as Earth-0, is the keystone upon which the Multi-verse rests, and so the Monitor has great interest in maximizing the fighting potential of its populace to better defend it from extra-dimensional threats.
The Shadow League, a cabal of twisted sorcerers, lusted for absolute rule over Earth. Blinded by ambition, they performed a ritual that extinguished the Sun. With eternal night blanketing the planet, the world's most powerful magicians united to reignite the Sun, but its new arcane heart forever altered life on Earth. Heroes and villains have since adapted to their magically infused environment, developing strange new abilities. There are currently no playable Arcane champions.
As the Cold War was brewing between the world’s superpowers, a mysterious object from space crashed into Kansas. Mistaking the crash for a first strike, the United States unleashed its full nuclear arsenal against the Soviet Union, who retaliated. The ensuing nuclear war instantly vaporized 97% of all life on Earth. The survivors hope the Earth can be healed, but the nuclear aftermath has left them with scars that never will.
The Victorian era has swept the Earth and a prosperous Age of Invention has revolutionized society through powerful steam technology, and this amazing progress is only the beginning. Heroes and villains have begun to emerge from all corners of society, and with them bring new sources of power and problems far stranger than steam and gas lights.
Tales of horrors prowling the night were once just legends on this Earth - until the darkness returned. Ancient and terrible powers beyond comprehension awoke and brought with them an army of monsters. In fighting these creatures, some heroes have fallen, twisting into monsters themselves. Heroes and villains have set aside old rivalries and are united in fighting darkness that threatens to engulf their world forever.
In this universe, there were no heroes, until a league of scientists known as the Justice Consortium created them. Technology had always been advanced on this Earth, but these new robotic creations were able to think and feel, and wielded powers beyond anything yet seen. They now defend the Earth from threats within and beyond, particularly the Doom Legion and their villainous assassin bots.
I am going to be playing from Earth-43.
There will be an in-game currency to help you along in the game. Be sure to get as much as possible!
This is about as much information as I know at the time. Be sure to check out the official website and sign-up for the beta HERE: http://www.infinitecrisis.com/en
The game is also signed with Major League Gaming through Game Battles. So be sure to get yourself prepared! This is the beginning of something great!
(Disclaimer: Some information may be incorrect. Some of the text from the article is from Wikipedia!)