Cartoon Network Announces New Mobile Gaming App
Earlier today, Cartoon Network announced the Cartoon Network Arcade, a mobile app, for both iOS and Android devices, that features a library of games based off of some of the company's most popular shows, such as Adventure Time and Teen Titans GO!. The app will be available beginning March 11, and it will give Cartoon Network fans access to the largest library of the network's games, all in one place.
As with most Cartoon Network related apps, the Arcade will be free to download in the US via the App Store and Google play. It contains all-new games and more than 60 digital characters for fans to collect.
The app also uses ACR (automatic content recognition) technology to provide players with an interactive experience when watching one of Cartoon Network's shows. This technology will recognize the episode the player it watching, and it will let them discover characters from the network's various series on the app, including the upcoming Victor and Valentino, and add them to their collections.
In celebration of the app's launch, Cartoon Network has partnered with the Lego group, which has signed on as the launch sponsor via the Lego Ninjango and Lego City brands. As part of the deal, Lego will offer fans an exclusive digital figure to add to their collections.
Games currently offered on the app include:
- The Amazing World of Gumball - Gumball's Block Party
- Apple and Onion - Bottle Catch
- Adventure Time - Rainicor's Flying Colors
- Ben 10 - Brains vs Bugs
- Ben 10 Xingo Mayhem
- Craig of the Creek - Bounceback
- Craig of the Creek - Camp Cardboard
- OK K.O! Let's Play Heroes - Go Go KO!
- The Powerpuff Girls - Rainbow Wreckers
- Stephen Universe - Shattered Dreams
- Summer Camp Island - Contaglous Cuteness
- Teen Titans Go! - Smashy Piñata
- Teen Titans Go! - Teen Titans GOAL!
- Unikitty! - Royal Highness
- We Bare Bears - Stack Tracks
These are only some of the games that Cartoon Network fans can expect to find on the app when it launches. Of course, more will likely be added over time, along with new characters to collect, which will keep fans playing for a good long while.