Destiny 2 Guide: Stasis Trigger Cryosthesia 77K Catalyst Quest Guide
The Cryosthesia 77K is the Season Pass Exotic for Destiny 2’s Season of the Splicer. Once you’ve got your hands on it, Banshee-44 will offer you the Stasis Trigger questline, which grants the Cryosthesia 77K Catalyst when completed.
There are three steps to the Stasis Trigger quest, and you’ll be spending a lot of time on only one of those steps. This guide will give you all of the information you need to complete the Destiny 2 Cryosthesia 77K Catalyst quickly and efficiently. Or at least as efficiently as the game allows.
How to Complete the Destiny 2 Stasis Trigger Quest
Stasis Trigger Quest Step 1: Precision, Guardian, and Combatant Kills
Your first set of tasks for the Stasis Trigger quest are simple enough. You’ll need to:
- Get 75 precision kills. Shoot enemies in the head and kill them with critical damage while doing so.
- Defeat 50 Guardians. Nothing special here. Go into your favorite Crucible game mode and play.
- Defeat 100 combatants. Destiny 2 lists any PvE enemy as a combatant, from bosses to trash mobs. Go to an enemy-dense area like a Lost Sector or Public Event and run it a few times. Override is also a good option.
Bear in mind that none of these steps require that you have Cryosthesia 77K equipped, though using it to complete these first requirements will give you a greater understanding of the gun. You’ll want to know as much as possible about this Exotic Sidearm because the next step asks you to become its best friend forever.
Stasis Trigger Quest Step 2: Cryosthesia 77K Kills of All Kinds
Step 2 of the Destiny 2 Cryosthesia 77K Catalyst Stasis Trigger quest is a doozy. I hope you know the gun inside and out because you’ll be using it a metric ton for this step.
- Generate Calibration Data by completing playlist Strikes, Nightfalls, Gambit, and Crucible. We’ll discuss this step in more detail below.
- Defeat 50 Guardians with the Cryosthesia 77K. Put yourself in close range and be prepared to lose to almost every other gun in the game more often than not. Don’t rely on the Stasis shot too much, as it only lasts 10 seconds, and you’ll lose about three of them reloading. If you can get it off, so much the better.
- Defeat 100 combatants with the Cryosthesia 77K. As before, go into a high enemy density area like Override and kill everything you see.
Calibration Data is tough to come by early on. The most efficient Calibration Data farm is higher difficulty Nightfall Strikes, and the Cryosthesia 77K doesn’t lend itself to either the Legend and Master versions. You’ll be putting your team at a disadvantage unless your entire squad is going after the Catalyst and works around Sidearm limitations.
You also play core playlist activities — Strikes, Gambit, and Crucible — with bonus progress awarded for wins in the latter two modes.
What’s the best way to farm Calibration Data, then? Wait until you reach Level 22 of the Season Pass, which provides a 4x multiplier to Catalyst progress. It’s not quite pay-to-win, but it’s in the same family.
For free players, especially those playing solo, your best bet is to endlessly replay the Hero-level Nightfall. You’ll want a shorter Strike like Fallen S.A.B.E.R. or any other Cosmodrome activity.
Both Gambit and Crucible reward progress regardless of victory, but unless you can carry entire teams consistently, both modes can be something of a toss-up. Playing either as a way to escape Nightfall hell is never a bad option, as you can earn some additional Pinnacle rewards and a few hundred Bright Dust for your trouble.
Stasis Trigger Quest Step 3: Visit Banshee-44
The final step in the Cryosthesia 77K Catalyst quest is to head back to Banshee-44 in the Tower and receive it.
From there, you’ll need to kill 700 total enemies with the gun to Masterwork it and gain access to the Catalyst ability: Cold Efficiency. Cryosthesia 77K fully equipped allows you to fully reload the magazine whenever you shatter an enemy frozen by Stasis. Using the Stasis shot consumes the entire rest of the Cryosthesia 77K’s magazine upon use, which can be a very handy ability.
And that's all you need to know about how to complete the Destiny 2 Stasis Trigger quest and get the exotic sidearm Cryosthesia 77K Catalyst. For more on Bungie's first-person shooter, consider heading over to our Destiny 2 guides hub, where you can find tips on getting the Aspect of Interference and Decrypted Data in Season of the Splicer.