ARK: Survival Evolved is an Xbox One X Enhanced Launch Title
Studio Wildcard’s ARK: Survival Evolved is one of the Xbox One X Enhanced launch titles, meaning gamers can now experience their favorite dinosaur survival game with beautiful HDR visuals and other graphical enhancements.
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xw4J6HCY0Ok" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" />
The graphical upgrade is provided as a free downloadable update for all owners of the game, and it will allow the game to take full advantage of the Xbox One X’s superior hardware.
The improvements provided by the update aren't just visual in nature -- some of them will even add to your gameplay experience!
Here are some of the game’s featured enhancements:
- The "Eyes" Have It: Enjoy “Detail Mode” with buttery smooth 30 FPS gameplay at 1440p or 60 FPS at 1080p in “Medium Quality”
- See Farther, and With More Detail: In 1440p "Detail Mode”, long-range shadows, high quality textures and extended draw distances enhance visual fidelity, while the "TrueSky" system renders volumetric clouds, realistic atmospheric fog & sunlight scattering, and dynamic weather systems.
- Split Screen and Split Up: In local splitscreen multiplayer mode, players can now split up to independently explore the islands.
- More Power Means More Players: With increased hardware performance, Xbox One X servers can now host 70 players in a game.
- Get There Faster: Improved loading and streaming times get you where you want to go on the ARK faster than before!
If you've got ARK: Survival Evolved and an Xbox One X, there's absolutely no reason not to upgrade your game -- just be aware that you won't be able to blame some of your deaths on bad lighting or poor performance anymore!
If you're looking for more ARK news, check out our other ARK: Survival Evolved content!