Overwatch Guide: Zenyatta Info and Tips
Zenyatta is an omnic monk in Overwatch who can heal allies and debuff enemies. His support abilities are semi-passive, like Lucio, but he targets individuals instead of dealing with a group. His ultimate is also a very powerful one that can save the entire team.
Zenyatta is interesting to play and, in my opinion, has some of the coolest looking animations. If you want something different and like to support your team in various ways, this character is for you. I'll go over some basic info and give tips for playing the monk, Zenyatta.
This guide will cover everything about the hero Zenyatta in Overwatch including:
- Zenyatta Basic Info - A little of Zenyatta's background and descriptions of his abilities.
- Zenyatta Combat Tips - Tips for using Zenyatta effectively.
Zenyatta Basic Info
Zenyatta was a part of a group of omnic robots that experienced a spiritual awakening after the Omnic Crisis. They established a monastery in the Himalayas and abandoned their old programming. After meditating for years, they believed that they had souls, just as humans do.
This led to the leader, Tekhartha Mondatta, to seek a way to mend the relationship between humans and omnic robots. The method chosen was that of global teachings and the monks became celebrities.
Zenyatta believed this was not the way to mend the wounds of the past and instead wandered the world for personal connections between omnics and humans.
He sought to help others overcome their troubles and find enlightenment, with Genji being a prime example of one he has helped.
- Orb of Destruction - His main weapon throws energy orbs that damage the enemy.
- Holding down the alternate fire button will charge multiple orbs to shoot all at once.
- Orb of Harmony - Launches an orb at an ally that will constantly heal them.
- Orb of Discord - Launches an orb at an enemy that increases the amount of damage they take.
- (Ultimate Ability) Transcendence - Becomes immune to damage for a short time and heals yourself and nearby allies.
Zenyatta Combat Tips
Zenyatta is a support character, so your main job is to heal and help your team, rather than deal damage. He is a harder support to get used to because of the nature of his abilities and weapon, but can really help the team once you get the hang of it.
- Orbs disappear if they are not in your sight
- Your healing and debuff orbs you can throw on people will stay only if you can see the person you threw them on.
- If they get out of your line of sight, the orbs will disappear after a short time.
- Throw Orb of Harmony on tanks or people most likely to take damage
- Since you can only heal 1 at a time, start by throwing it on those that are sure to take damage, like a tank or close range character.
- Characters like Hanzo or Widowmaker probably won't need it as much.
- Spread the Orbs around
- Playing Zenyatta take more awareness and constantly ability switching.
- If there are allies that need more healing, switch your Orb of Harmony to them. Same with orb of discord, don't just throw it on 1 person and forget about it.
- Use Orb of Discord on high priority targets
- Support characters like Mercy and tanks of all kind are great candidates to receive an Orb of Discord.
- Tanks especially, since they have a lot of health and the orb can make taking them down much faster and easier.
- Use Transcendence for important capture or defend moments
- Transcendence is great for crucial moment you need to attack or defend an objective.
- Use it when your team gathers or when people are close to death.
That's it for my Overwatch Zenyatta info and tips. Let me know if you have any questions!