Black Ops 4 Guide: How to Unlock Zombie Characters in Blackout
The Blackout battle royale mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 currently offers five unlockable zombie characters.
To unlock each of the playable characters, you need to complete three different challenges. Our quick guide below will show you the challenges you need to complete to unlock each of them and tips on how to do it fast.
How to Unlock Zombie Characters in Blackout
This is the only zombie character that doesn't require that you complete any challenges. However, the only way to unlock him is to purchase the Black Ops Pass.
Here are all three challenges you need to complete in order to unlock Bruno:
- Required Item: Mug Shot
- Down an enemy with a melee attack
- Finish the match with Mug Shot in Inventory
You can get a Mug Shot by opening a supply drop (which isn't always guaranteed to pop). But the best way to obtain Mug Shot is to complete the Blightfather event at the Graveyard, which can be found south of the Asylum.
- Required Item: Pulp Magazine
- Down 1 enemy with a headshot
- Finish the match with Pulp Magazine in Inventory
Getting a Pulp Magazine is easier than the previous item. You can get it by simply killing zombies or by completing the Blightfather event.
- Required Item: Racing Goggles & Scarf
- Kill an enemy by driving into them with a vehicle
- Finish the match with Racing Goggles & Scarf in Inventory
Scarlett can be unlocked just like Diego. You can either kill zombies to obtain the goggles and the scarf or finish the Blightfather event.
- Required Item: Alchemical Set
- Kill 2 enemies with either a Wraith Fire or Acid Bomb
- Finish the match with Alchemical Set in Inventory
Shaw is the hardest character to unlock, as there is only one way to get the Alchemical Set. You can find it inside mystery boxes, which spawn only at blue light beams (refer to the map below for exact locations of mystery boxes).
Apart from the Alchemical Set, you will also find Wraith Fire and Acid Bomb inside a mystery box.
Now you can quickly unlock all available zombie characters in Blackout mode, and for other Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 guides at GameSkinny, take a look at the list below: