Fallout 4's first real patch (update 1.2) for PC is here
The first official patch of Fallout 4 for PC is now available, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, however, are expected to get the same later this week.
The update named 1.2 was earlier released last week in beta form. The patch includes a few fixes for bugs like players getting stuck at terminals, and weapons becoming locked after completing Reunions. Some other errors like in the mission 'When Freedom Calls' where quest would not complete. General memory and stability improvements are also included in the patch.
Two new PC-only features related to button remapping are also part of the new update. As a result number pad keys can now be used for remapping and also Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container.
The patch notes for the update released on the game's forum and can be found below.
Fallout 4 1.2 Update Patch Notes
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
- During "Confidence Man," fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)
As stated above, Bethesda has announced that the update for the console versions of the game might be coming later this week. It will be interesting to see if those will contain any additional features.