Lego Minifigures Online Now in Open Beta
Lego Minifigures Online was announced back in June of 2012 by FunCom. This MMO built with kids in mind is now in open beta. The game itself is free to play but they do have membership options available starting at $7.99.
Lego games have had huge success. With popular themes from Star Wars to Marvel, it is natural that they would enter the MMO scene once again after the closing of Lego Universe.
About Lego Minifigures Online
Players start with a minifigure that they use to explore various worlds and defeat the bad guys. There are various minifigure ranging from mermaids to warriors, fairies to a doctor. There are several categories that minifigures can fall into:
The only world currently being shown on the website is the Pirate world with more to come. Players can get new minifigures by looting or finding minifigure bags.
By opting for a membership, players can find a range of perks including:
- Weekly diamond earnings (the in-game currency)
- 1 minifigure bag a month
- Pocket Adventures access
- Faster gain of stars
- and more
There are three options for membership and each membership includes more for players to get.
- 1-month membership - $7.99
- 6-month membership - $39.99 (save $7.95)
- 1-year membership - $69.99 (save $25.89)
Lego Minifigures Online is designed for kids to teach playful learning and development skills. The skills that FunCom says can be taught are:
- Problem Solving by learning the game mechanics
- Teamwork by working with others to solve challenges
- Reaction by making decisions when there are several things going on at once
- Resource Management and Planning by saving stars for certain upgrades and how to wisely spend their diamonds
The game says it is compliant with COPPA and any in-game transactions must be completed by a parent.