Dota TI5: Main Event Day 1 in a nutshell
The day all Dota 2 fans are waiting for, the start of Dota 2 The International 2015 Championship Main Event. From qualifiers to group stage we watched our favorite teams battle their path to TI5 Main Event, and now the road to finals begin.
Here is the roundup of Dota 2 TI5 Main Event Day 1:
In case you missed the Format of the Main Event:
- 16 teams in a double-elimination bracket.
- Top four teams of each group of Group Stage start in the Upper Bracket.
- The 1st place in each group of Group Stage picks their opponent from either the 3rd or 4th place finish in the opposite group.
- The 2nd place in each group plays the team that was not picked by the 1st place.
- All matches are played in a best-of-three.
- Bottom four teams of each group of Group Stage start in the Lower Bracket.
- The 5th place in each group of Group Stage picks their opponent from either the 7th or 8th place finish in the opposite group.
- The 6th place in each group plays the team that was not picked by the 5th place.
- First round is played in a best-of-one then all matches are played in a best-of-three.
- Grand Finals is played in a best-of-five with no game advantage.
- LGD vs Team Empire
West vs East. The first fight of the game is between LGD and Team Empire. LGD leads the series in Game 1 as they pressure Empire. Empire strikes back in Game 2 as they challenge the Chinese top dog. LGD made some adjustments in Game 3 and won the best-of-three series with 2-1 sending Team Empire in the Lower Bracket.
- Cloud9 vs CDEC
Another classic West vs East playstyle clash with Cloud9 and CDEC. Coming from wildcards to surprising the Dota 2 fans on their group stage, CDEC easily outsmarted Cloud9. In their Game 2, eight minutes into the game an internet issue occurred and caused a long pause, but the Chinese Rising Star easily won the match in 2-0.
- Newbee vs MvP.Phoenix
Both teams surprised fans as they have both had unorthodox drafts. Newbee easily dominate the early game but the Korean team patiently built some momentum. MvP.Phoenix knocked out the TI4 Champions Newbee in 1-0.
- VG vs Na'Vi
Vici Gaming (VG) overwhelmed the struggling Na'Vi. VG put pressure on in the early game and late game which resulted in a 1-0 win, ending the dream for the former TI1 Dota 2 champions.
- Virtus.Pro vs Fnatic
Russia (Virtus.Pro) vs Malaysia (Fnatic) this time. Fnatic failed to win the match as Virtus.Pro ground them down. Virtus.Pro won the match in the last clash when Fnatic contest the Roshan fight. The last hope of the SEA region is now out of the tournament.
- Invictus Gaming (iG) vs MvP.Hot6ix
Although both teams have a very bad matches on the Group Stage, Invictus Gaming looks solid as ever as they beat the Korean team MvP.Hot6ix in their best-of-one match.
In case you missed the group stage, here is the past recap of The International Group Stages:
So how did you feel about TI5 Main Event Day 1? Let us know you thoughts in comment section down below!