Patch Notes for the Newest Destiny Hotfix
Destiny, the game everyone can’t stop talking about, has just undergone another hotfix with several changes that avid players should be aware about.
The newest hotfix, labeled as 184.108.40.206, went live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes, specific exotic weapons, and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.
Interestingly enough as well, the Bungie team also added an Easter egg to the original loot cave, poking fun at loot farmers everywhere. It isn’t usually protocol for designers to add an Easter egg with a patch, but this one seemed almost necessary. If you walk into the original loot cave, you can disturb the remains there which will give a message saying "A million deaths are not enough for Master Rahool," poking at both loots farmers and the Cryptarch alike. The video is listed below.
Everything and anything you need to know is listed below, taken from Bungie's official website:
- Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
- Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
- Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne
- Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
- Auto Rifles
- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
- Hand Cannons
- In-air accuracy now increased
- Scout Rifles
- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. alien combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
- Exotic Weapons
- Vex Mythoclast
- Base Damage decreased by 34%
- Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
- Pocket Infinity
- Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
- Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
- Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed
- Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
- Raid - Vault of Glass
- Templar Encounter
- Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
- Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area
- The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan
Bungie notes that it is still working on a larger update that will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance, but it is unknown when this patch will hit the servers. Stay tuned Destiny players!