The Walking Dead: All Out War Game Jam Winners Are Now Free to Play
It is hard to believe that The Walking Dead celebrated its 10th anniversary back in October. Before becoming a GOTY award winning game and highly popular TV show, it was just a humble little black and white comic book. To commemorate the occassion, Skybound held an "All Out War" Game Jam.
140 teams entered and there were 70 games submitted. Very much in the spirit of The Walking Dead, everyone died a gruesome death until there were only 10 survivors (or at least until issue 100 when they have their skulls bashed in). Congratulations to the winners.
- Joe and Brad for Remember The Fallen (2 person team)
- Beavl for The Narrow Path (3 person team)
- Team Human Shield for Human Shield : Stop the War (4 person team)
- Pixels and Poutine for Don't Make Me Turn This Car Around (1 person team)
- Bar Benders for Revenge in Zombie Town (3 person team)
- Z Studio for Cube's Clash (4 person team)
- New Horizon for Zombie Command (2 person team)
- Galactic Bits for Last Call Paradise (2 person team)
- David Schneider for After Us (1 person team)
- Yanki.jp for Unholy Robot War (1 person team)
The winners got a full Unity License key, a Steam Greenlight voucher, and a lot of signed The Walking Dead goodies from creator Rober Kirkman (who was also a judge in the contest).
You can play the top games for free, that range from a zombie tower defense FPS to a somber black and white game where you place flowers on graves. If you just want to watch the games, they are in video form below.
Also as a PSA I will remind everyone that Season 2 of Telltale's The Walking Dead game starts this month... so get those save files ready!