Pokemon GO Update Includes Tracking Fix
The latest update in Pokemon fixes some bugs and made big changes to the Pokemon tracker. There were no details given as to how this new system works, but I'll go over it a bit more later. First, let me list all of the changes in this update.
The game now warns you when you go above a certain speed not to drive while playing Pokemon GO. You must now confirm that you are a passenger and not driving.
Experience and Capture
- Improves accuracy of curveball throws
- Fixed a bug that prevented Nice, Great, and Excellent throws from awarding the appropriate experience bonuses
- Fixed achievements showing the wrong Medal icons
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time
- Re-enabled the battery saver mode for iOS
- Added visuals of team leaders
A new "Nearby" feature is being tested. It now shows grass in the background of the nearby Pokemon.
- It now only shows Pokemon that are nearby during that time and gets rid of those you have seen, but no longer near.
- It could show only a few Pokemon, or none at all.
- The bottom 3 Pokemon are now displayed with the closest starting on the left, instead of previously on the right.
- Tracking as explained in this article is still the best way to hunt.
The new nearby feature is not perfect, but it is much easier to track Pokemon and see which Pokemon are actually near you.
What do you think of these changes? Are things getting better for Pokemon GO? Let me know in the comments!