Bloodborne Boss Guide - Beating Vicar Amelia
Hello good hunter, are you ready for the third boss encounter in Bloodborne? Come on, I know you are! Yharnam is set to unleash Vicar Amelia upon you and she is quite the "lady."
If you're in need, make sure to look here for tips and guides on your journey.
Head back to the Hunter's Dream to repair your weapons and fully stock up on needed supplies. Be sure to have Blood Echoes handy for repairs and to purchase these:
- (20) Blood Vials
- (10) Molotov Cocktails
You'll also need this:
- Very powerful weapon (suggestion: Hunter's Axe fortified as much as possible)
This is only my suggestion, feel free to use whatever you have that will cause massive amounts of physical attack damage. This boss fight will be down to your physical attacks and swift movement to avoid her grasp.
Accessing the Cathedral Ward Round Square
You'll need to obtain the Hunter Chief Emblem, which acts as a key in order to unlock the main gate. This can be purchased in the Hunter's Dream for 10,000 Blood Echoes. This is the only way I know so far on how it can be obtained.
She can be found inside the Grand Cathedral "praying."
Note: Make sure to equip Molotov Cocktails in your Quick Item Slots.
- Lock-on with the RS or R3 button to guide your Molotov Cocktails
- Avoid holding the Square button too long to throw them so you don't over aim; this will cause you to waste your precious asset, which can cost you dearly
- Remember to keep moving at all times to avoid getting grabbed
- Never stand still or this will result in your ultimate demise
- Move in with your weapon to make your powerful R1 and R2 button attacks with your Hunter's Axe or preferred weapon of choice
- Quickly back away by using the Circle button
The tango between warriors
- Again move in with your weapon to make your powerful R1 and R2 button attacks; remembering to keep moving at all times
- Don't forget to keep a close eye on your health
- Use your Blood Vials to restore your HP by using the Triangle button
- Use your powerful R1 and R2 button attacks to avoid being grabbed until she is defeated
Once you've taken out Vicar Amelia with extreme prejudice, you'll unlock:
- Your next checkpoint
- The Gold Pendant
- The Vicar Amelia Trophy
- 15,000 Blood Echoes
- And you can progress to the next stage of the game
Don't forget to look here for tips and guides on your journey. Good luck and happy hunting.