PS4 and PC collide in the Next Street Fighter V beta test
Street Fighter V's second global beta phase starts on October 22nd until the 25th. The characters that will be playable from the start include Ken, R. Mika, Necalli, and Vega. Rashid will be added on the second day of testing (October 23) and Karin will be added on the third (October 24).
The days are broken down as follows:
- October 22nd - Open beta opens for PS4 owners.
- October 23rd - Rashid is unlocked.
- October 24th - The war between PS4 and PC begins! Maintenance will also be done, and then the servers will be live again. Karin uUnlocked.
- October 25th - The Second beta comes to a close
Image Source: Mika
This second global beta comes with a bevy of features as well, allowing you to play ranked matches, access leaderboards, search for other players, and unlockable items through the use of Fight Money. This is a beta so expect everything to be wiped.
For the PC users the minimum recommended PC specs are as follows:
- Recommended: Windows 7 64-bit
- Minimum: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
- Recommended: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz
- Minimum: 6 GB DDR3
- Recommended: 8 GB DDR3
- Minimum: Nvidia GTX 480 (or higher)
- Nvidia GTX 570 (or higher)
- Nvidia GTX 670 (or higher)
- Recommended: GTX 960
- Broadband Connection Required
- Minimum: DirectX 11
- Recommended: DirectX 11
- Minimum: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset
Street Fighter V supports Steamworks as well.
While PC users will be upset that Street Fighter V is not optimized for Windows 8 or the more popular Windows 10, Capcom as plenty of time to get that squared away closer to launch which is scheduled for a March 2016 release.
The PC beta build is available to pre-load on Steam. PC players will need at least 2GB to download the bet client.
This second beta will put the Capcom servers under the most stress seen since it will have to support both PS4 and PC users simultaneously. This brings up concerns since the last one had to be shut down by Capcom due to the pressure on Capcom's servers. Ultimately two worlds will collide on October 24th that has been a dream to gamers since the rivalry between consoles and PC started.
Are you excited about the beta? Leave a comment below to show your allegiance to PS4 or PC.