Mythgard's Second Expansion, The Winter War, Adds 140 Cards to the CCG
Free-to-play CCG Mythgard left Early Access with a bang, bringing with it the game's first expansion, Rings of Immortality, back in September 2020. Now it's already time for another expansion to the popular title. In fact, it was already released for PC (Steam) and mobile (iOS and Android) on January 25.
Called The Winter War, Mythgard's new expansion sees the addition of a whopping 140 cards, alongside a plethora of other content, including two brand-new paths and two new powers.
Developer Rhino Games released a gameplay trailer ahead of the expansion's launch.
Coming with Patch 19.6, here's what else has been added and fixed, according to a post on the game's Steam page. There are also some elements that need to have their kinks worked out, and those are noted below.
Winter War Expansion
- 140+ new cards (of which 110+ are collectible)
- Two new paths (Alliance Command Center and Rebellion Safehouse)
- Two new powers (Bolster and Erode)
- New Winter War Featured decks
- New Winter War AI mobs
- New Winter War loading screens
- Two new boards (Gandamak and Seraglio)
- New Winter War portraits
- New Winter War sleeves
- New Winter War main menu backgrounds (see Known Issues)
- New daily missions for new paths and powers
- Champions Tier will use Kismet to rank players
- This is an ELO rating which is visible in the player profile for all players
- Kismet will only be at stake in ranked vs. ranked games
- Kismet uses a weighted revert-to-mean function between seasons
- The emotes customization dropdown now lists emotes you own first
- Fixed a visual bug with animated emote rendering
- Fixed broken replay skip forward/back buttons
- Fixed a rendering bug when dragging cards in the draft interface
- Fixed some Rings of Immortality cards not appearing in the gallery
- Fixed a bug where tourney invites were appearing despite being declined
- Fixed a bug where reward singles were showing incorrect strength/health
- Fixed an issue where a card could be rendered incorrectly in the store specials tabKnown Issues
- Not all Winter War main menu backgrounds are enabled, and they all need polish
- SFX is incomplete/placeholder in some instances
- Guilds are NYICards/Tuning
Arclighter can be unmade at cost if crafted within the last 20 days.
- 3/2 → 2/2
In combination with several of the new low-cost green spells introduced by Winter War, the 3/2 version of Arclighter was simply too much.
We enjoyed Mythgard back in its Early Access phase, calling it a "plucky challenger to the CCG throne." We particularly liked its "variety" and "diverse selection of builds," not to mention its "pacing is ethical" and it's "microtransactions are less egregious than other card games."