[Rumor] World of Warcraft "Rise of the Naga Empire" Expansion Info Leaked
In a post on the r/WoW subreddit, a user has listed information from a supposed email leak from the Irvine offices of Blizzard -- with details concerning World of Warcraft's upcoming seventh expansion, titled: Rise of the Naga Empire.
Azshara and N'zoth are listed as the main antagonists, and the plot detailed is as follows:
The Burning Legion has diverted the attention of the heroes of Azeroth away from their home lands. As the war wages on Argus to stop the Legion, Azshara continues her preparations in carrying out the will of N'zoth by readying an invasion that will cover every continent on the planet. The Naga Empire has been building its forces and patiently waiting for the perfect time to strike. Using a twisted form of black magic and power granted to her from N'Zoth, Azshara will carry out a ritual that will cause the submerged Naga empire to rise from the depths. Both the Horde and Alliance are unprepared for such an attack, and as a result, many iconic locations will be destroyed. In order to defend the lands that the factions of Azeroth hold dear, both major factions must band together even amid the hatred both feel for each other.
Inventions created by the Gnomes and adopted by the Goblins will be created and refined to help curtail the invading Naga. Gifted and mechanically intelligent, Gnomes and Goblins will pilot massive suits of Armor and will be instrumental in holding off the Naga invasions. These Tinkers will be looked at by the rest of the horde and alliance as essential to the military efforts that will greatly help turn the tide of battle.
New Races, Zones, and More
The email went on to list some of the new features for the expansion as well. These updates and changes include:
- Level Cap: Raised to 120
- New Race: Naga (Neutral)
- A splinter faction of Naga unwilling to succumb the Old God's whispers will defect from Azshara's ranks and choose to either join the Horde or Alliance.
- New Class: Tinker (Gnomes & Goblins)
- Tank and DPS specs available
- New Neutral City: Undermine
- New Mount Type: Boats
- With the help of the Goblins and Gnomes, players will be able to create their own boat in the initial leveling stage of the expansion.
- Faster boats will be able to be found as mount drops off bosses.
- Race-specific House Boats can be created and customized by players.
- Faction Allegiance System: Allows horde and alliance players to undergo a series of quests and events that eventually allows them to group together, unlocks account wide.
- 8 New Zones: All new zones will have Legion level scaling tech, except for ones indicated.
- Leveling Zones:
- Scintal Reef (Naga Leveling Zone 1-20)
- Isle of Kezan
- Tel Abim
- Drowned Reaches
- Max Level Zones:
- Gishan Caverns
Other Major Features
The leak also points to some other PvP, raid, and miscellaneous content and features that players will supposedly encounter in this new expansion, including:
- 2 new battlegrounds
- 1 new arena
- 3 new raid zones available at launch, with more planned in several patches
- 12 dungeons available at launch (10 new, 2 refreshed previous expansion dungeons, more planned in several patches)
- Transmog Closet updates, to include all off set "sets"
- Ex. Purple Paladin Tier 2 BC Dungeon Set
Keep in mind, this is an unverified leak and must be taken with a grain of salt.
There is already a healthy amount of skepticism about it, for several reasons. Some players are doubtful about Nagas having a neutral alignment separate from both the Horde and Alliance. Also, they're wary of the idea that the Tinker class (which has long been rumored to come out in several past expansions) will limited to only Goblins and Gnomes, so that the premiere Naga race will be unusable with the shiny new class they'll debut alongside.
It's also worth noting that the user who posted this supposed leak, Kajukembo24, has zero comments and no other posts on their Reddit account. This could mean they're using a burn account so they can share this information without repercussion. But it's also possible that they are a troll making up stories to get people's hopes up. So once again, don't take this information as absolute fact.
So what do you think? Does this sound real? Or have you read more believable stories in WoW fan fiction? Let us know in the comments! We'll keep you updated as new information unfolds, so stay tuned to GameSkinny for all your World of Warcraft news.