Virtual Reality prolongs the Paranormal Activity series
With Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension slated to be the series' finale, fans thought they could look forward to some closure. However, this thought turned out to be incredibly wrong. Paranormal Activity is moving on to bigger and better projects.
Accompanying the final film is a virtual reality game demo at select AMC theaters across North America. The first person survival-horror game debuted on October 23rd and fans rushed to give it a try.
The demo for the game is using the new HTC Vive virtual reality system, which received resoundingly positive remarks at GDC conference earlier this year. Even though the demo is only playable on the HTC Vive, there are plans to release the game on another VR platforms such as PlayStation's Project Morpheus and the Oculus Rift.
If the game is successful, Beast Media Group plans to continue the series through the new medium. Is Paranormal Activity the gateway game that leads to a path of success for virtual reality? I'll let you guys be the judge so head on over to any of these local theaters to test it out.
- AMC Loews White Marsh 16 – Baltimore, MD
- AMC Neshaminy 24 – Bensalem, PA
- AMC Loews Boston Common 19 – Boston, MA
- AMC Century City 15 – Century City, CA
- AMC Bay Street 16 – Emeryville, CA
- AMC Town Square 18 – Las Vegas, NV
- AMC Loews Alderwood Mall 16 – Lynnwood, WA
- AMC Tysons Corner 16 – McLean, VA
- AMC Mesquite 30 with Dine-In Theatres – Mesquite, TX
- AMC Empire 25 – New York, NY
- AMC Orange 30 – Orange, CA
- AMC Mission Valley 20 – San Diego, CA
- AMC Metreon 16 – San Francisco, CA
- AMC Mercado 20 – Santa Clara, CA
- AMC Universal CityWalk 19 – Universal City, CA