The Games Festival Brings The Game Awards to Your Steam Account
The Game Awards 2019 is set to be the usual grand affair of big winners and even bigger game reveals. But there's even more in store for this year's event. Show founder and host Geoff Keighley lifted the lid on a new endeavor launching with this year's show called The Games Festival.
"Let’s face it: Not everyone can attend a physical trade show or consumer event," Keighley said. "Now feels like the right time to take the next step with The Game Festival, a completely digital approach to the consumer event space."
With that in mind, The Games Festival is bringing playable first-look demos of more than 12 notable titles to anyone with a Steam account.
These will be available for 48 hours starting 10 a.m. PST/1 p.m. EST on December 12. After 48 hours, the demos will be removed. The available games include:
- System Shock (Nightdive Studios)
- Eastward (Pixpil/Chucklefish)
- Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus)
- Moving Out (SMG Studio/Devm Games/Team17)
- Röki (Polygon Treehouse/United Label)
- Chicory (Greg Lobanov)
- Wooden Nickel (Brain&Brain)
- Haven (The Game Bakers)
- Heavenly Bodies (2pt Interactive)
- Acid Knife (Powerhoof)
- The Drifter (Powerhoof)
- CARRION (Phobia/Devolver)
- SkateBIRD (Glass Bottom Games)
We'll be covering The Game Awards' biggest wins, losses, and announcements, so stay tuned to GameSkinny for more news on the Game Awards 2019.