Fallout 76 Launches Vault Raid For High-Level Players
Time to free up 7GB on your console or 2GB on your PC. Fallout 76 patch 188.8.131.52 is here, and it's bringing some much-needed tweaks to the base game as well as the game's brand-new vault raid.
First and foremost, the caps maximum has finally been increased to 30,000 with this patch, which is a change players have been begging for since launch.
Next up, the Vault 94 raid is available right now on PC, but expected to come to console versions in the next few days after testing is completed.
Level 50+ players in groups of four can tackle the three vault raid missions by listening to the Vault 94 Emergency Broadcast radio station. Each of the missions will last a week and then repeat every three weeks. In case you miss them, they follow this pattern:
- Dead in the Water: open now
- Meltdown: opens August 27
- Washout: opens September 3
The vault raid introduces a new item type — vault 94 steel — which can be utilized to craft unique vault armor sets at an armor workbench. Aside from the cap increase and vault raid missions, this patch also includes:
- New display cases to show off your collection at C.A.M.P.
- Increased button press time for furniture, instruments, and drinking from open water sources (to cull down on accidental interactions)
- Addition of Overseer cards in Nuclear Winter, which let players exchange duplicate perks for new ones players haven't unlocked yet
Wondering what else has changed in the Nuclear Winter balance tweaks this week? You can read the full patch notes over here.