Gauntlet: Slayer Edition out now on PS4 and Steam
Last year's entry to the 1985 dungeon-crawling classic series, Gauntlet, is releasing on the PlayStation 4 and getting a huge PC update today in what the developers are calling the Slayer Edition.
The update promises to enhance gameplay depth, variation and visual fidelity, making the Slayer Edition the best version of the game to date. You can view the Launch Trailer below.
In a post on PlayStation Blog, Arrowhead Game Studios' PR Manager, Malin Hedström said:
For a number of months we have been working hard to shape the game into what we fully envisioned and today we are proud and excited to get to share the experience with you.
Among the updates to the game include the following:
- A new game mode called 'Endless' that lets players fight off wave after wave of enemies until they fall.
- Players now have access to 'Load-outs', which allow them to equip different special abilities from the Lobby
- Some monsters have been updated with new abilities and visual updates
- Art, UI and Gameplay have been polished
- Difficulty has undergone rebalancing
To see a full list of the updates, head over to Gauntlet's Steam page here.