Star Wars Battlefront: DICE announces outline of upcoming content in 2016
Star Wars Battlefront has finally revealed some information regarding DLC content. The free update for January will include the following:
- Tatooine Survival map called ‘Raider Camp’ that will support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs. Villains multiplayer modes.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, available to players when they play as either of the two heroes when on Hoth.
- Ability to create Private Matches.
- Daily Challenges and Community Events.
The free update for February will include a new survival mission on Hoth and a brand new multiplayer map on Hoth that will be able to support the larger game modes like Supremacy and Walker Assault. The Turning Point game mode currently only supported on the Jakku map will be made available to all of the maps that currently support Supremacy and Walker Assault.
The free March update adds another new multiplayer map on Endor that will support the larger game modes along with an additional Tatooine Survival map.
The post also goes on to state the names of three of the four upcoming paid DLC packs. The DLC includes:
- Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) – settings include the factories of Sullust and Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) – The Cloud City of Bespin will be the main setting of the second DLC
- Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) – One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe will be coming to Battlefront in the Fall
The fourth and final DLC will be announced in the coming months. It is currently slated for early 2017.