What to Expect from Pyre, Supergiant Games' Newest RPG
A new title is coming from the creators of Bastion and Transistor. It's called Pyre, and is set to release on both the PC and PlayStation 4 by 2017.
Along with a reveal trailer, Supergiant Games also released some exciting new information about this latest project. From the looks of it, the game will continue to put a strong emphasis on a deep and compelling narrative, but will also attempt to capture a new style of gameplay that is different from Supergiant's previous two titles.
Pyre will feature:
- A new party-based system. The game includes a wide cast of characters that you can choose and blend to create different teams.
- Fast, action-packed combat.
- A world map with impacting decisions. According to the studio, there is a strong focus on players making important decisions during their adventures.
- Aesthetically pleasing visuals. Like the previous titles, Pyre brings back those gorgeous visuals we've grown accustomed to.
- A unique experience. Supergiant Games emphasizes the fact that the game will be "unique" and "different." While it may blend some similar elements present in Bastion and Transistor, the final product will offer a new playing experience to overall.
I mean come on, just look at it.
I'm confident that Supergiant Games will release yet another hit game. I fell deeply in love with the story and art-work present in both Bastion and Transistor. If they can capture that same feeling, and accompany it with a new style of gameplay — more engaging and exciting — then I'm all for it.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FvxfmnrNj2U" width="640" height="480" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" />
Check out the reveal trailer!