Everything We Know About Fortnite Season 3 So Far
A new seasons brings a ton of new goodies. Here are our highlights of Fortnite's Season 3.
Fortnite's 3.0.0 patch launched recently and with it, Season 3. The new season brings a fair amount of content for players to enjoy so lets take a quick peek at what to expect.
New gameplay elements often lead to a new meta and that's no different this time around, so take notes.
- Pump shotguns have been nerfed. Players used to be able to fire, swap from one pump shotgun for another, and fire again, which was faster than waiting for the second shot in the first shotgun. This is no longer the case so it might be time to put the pump shotgun away. Time to use those tactical SMGs and pistols that haven't gotten any love because of the shotgun meta.
- Hand Cannons are a thing now. These bad-ass pistols require heavy ammo and do tons of damage. They're a great way to open up a fight.
Other Fun Stuff
- We have new tier rewards to chase after. While the costume theme in the previous battle pass was knights, now you can level up to unlock different astronaut costumes! There are 76 items to get with the battle pass this time around, 30 more than last season.
- There are more Easter eggs in the game. The llama introduced with the big map update was a fun little attraction to visit during a game. Now, we also can visit a crab and a fox! Check out our guide to finding them here.
- Save the World mode has a hoverboard and a new hero available. So, if it becomes free in the future, as expected, it'll be cool to check out.
Quality of Life Updates
Building structures has received several quality of life improvements that are all noteworthy and should help you win in Battle Royale.
- An improvement that I never expected, but was certainly happy about, is the ability to build through trees! I can't count how many times I've been trying to build up a hill to escape the encroaching storm only to suddenly fall down my ramp and die because the leaves of a tree interfered with my building. Now I can build through trees without missing a beat! Watch out though trees don't count as structural support and your ramps will still collapse if shot down without the proper supports built.
- We can now build endlessly rather than having to hit the fire button for every single piece we place. This should definitely make large ramps, walls, and platforms much faster and easier to build.
- Going hand-in-hand with the "turbo building" mentioned above is the auto switch between materials. Now, materials will switch automatically when we run out while building. We don't have to worry as much about being ambushed without any material selected. We can always have a wall ready to go!
- Console players can now set their frame rates at 60 FPS. For all the tech and performance junkies out their now you can have a better experience on console.
- Colorblind mode has been added. Epic noted they would love feedback to help improve this feature, and I'm sure they would love ideas for other accessibility features they could put in their game as well.
What do you think of the latest updates? Are there any improvements you want in Fortnite right now? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to stick around GameSkinny for everything Fortnite.
Games Fortnite Genres ActionFree to PlayShooterSurvival Platforms PCPlaystation 4Xbox One Tags epic gamesfortniteupdate
Published Mar. 1st 2018