Resident Evil Village Timed Demo Explained
There's a brand-new Resident Evil Village demo coming, and PlayStation owners get to experience it first. The announcement came as part of the Resident Evil Showcase where we got a first look at the calamities awaiting Ethan Winters in the village.
However, the new Resident Evil Village demo isn't quite as straightforward as you might think.
It's a limited-time demo available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. You'll get an hour to use as you wish, either exploring the castle or the village, and like the One-Shot demo before it, there's no way to transfer data.
Here's when you can play the new, 60-minute Resident Evil Village demo:
- North America — May 1, 5 p.m. PDT to May 9, 5 p.m. PDT
- U.K. — May 2, 1 a.m. BST to May 10, 1 a.m. BST
- Europe — May 2, 2 a.m. CEST to May 10, 2 a.m. CEST
- Asia — May 2, 5 p.m. to May 3, 1 a.m. HKT
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 owners can get early access to two 30-minute demos, one for the village and one for the castle.
- North America — April, 17, 5 p.m. to April 18, 1 a.m. PDT
- Europe — April 18, 7 p.m. to April 19, 3 a.m. CEST
- Asia — April 18, 5 p.m. – April 19, 1 a.m. HKT
- North America — April, 24, 5 p.m. to April 25, 1 a.m. PDT
- Europe — April 25, 7 p.m. to April 26, 3 a.m. CEST
- Asia — April 25, 5 p.m. – April 26, 1 a.m. HKT
Again, these two are only available for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 owners. The demo can be pre-downloaded ahead of time and should be available at the time of writing.